I’ve been busy on several projects lately. First, transcribing the Schedule of Spare Parts into a digital format so that I can inventory, track and document each component of the Tiger Moth. I am nearly finished with the first edition, and after that I will conduct a detailed inventory of what I’m missing from A17-370. Afterward I plan to index the parts list for every known ID number of each part (Canadian, Swiss, Australian, etc) and also index it against the de Havilland drawings. That will all be available for download here when it’s done.
Another digital project was the creation of a vector version of the de Havilland logo. This may eventually be used to paint the wheels, but in the meantime will be incorporated into several graphical designs I’m working on. If you’d like a vector copy of these logos for your own Tiger Moth project, let me know.
Finally, the historical research has continued and just last night I received high-resolution photos of the actual E88 card for A17-370. This has allowed me to finish transcribing and translating the RAAF service history of the aircraft! I’m still a bit puzzled about the 1944 event… further digging is required. But this is GREAT information to have and these scans will play a big part in preserving the history of the aircraft.
With all that in mind, it was time to conduct a quick inventory of where I am and then figure out what I need to pursue next.
- A17-370 E88 card (photo, excellent quality!) – Thanks Buz!
- 1 EFTS ORB February 1944 (photo, excellent quality!) – Thanks Gordon!
- A17-695 disposal order (low res) – Thanks Gordon!
- A17-695 E88 card (low res) – Thanks Gordon!
- A17 series RAAF crash reports summary covering A17-691 to A17-708 – Thanks Gordon!
- Photo of Tiger Moths at Parafield including A17-358 (excellent quality!) – Thanks Mike!
- Accident Summaries from India, 1960-1994 (found)
- Australian dH.82a Operation, Maintenance and Rigging Manual
- Australian dH.82a Pilots Notes (1944)
- British dH.82a Maintenance and Repair Manual (1947)
- British dH.82a Schedule of Spare Parts (1943)
- Canadian dH.82c Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Canadian dH.82c Parts List
- dH.82a Restoration Manual (documentation of a restoration from 1976)
- Australian Gipsy Major Care and Maintenance Manual
- Gipsy Major I and 10 Spare Parts List (1958)
- Gipsy Major 1, HC and 7 Operation, Maintenance and Overhaul Manual (1958)
- RAAF Schedule of Aircraft Instruments (1946) – Thanks Ross!
- Incident/Accident/Crash/Trial/Investigation Report(s) from February 28, 1944 crash/collision at Parafield (if any such exists)
- 1 EFTS ORB from December 1942
- A17-695 E88 card (photo or good scan)
- A17-376 E88 card (can be poor scan, needed to rule it out of 1944 incident)
- A17-374 E88 card (can be poor scan, needed to rule it out of 1944 incident)
- A17-372 E88 card (can be poor scan, needed to rule it out of 1944 incident)
- A17-377 E88 card (can be poor scan, needed to rule it out of 1944 incident)
- A17-371 E88 card (can be poor scan, needed to rule it out of 1944 incident)
- 1 EFTS ORB Complete from May 1941 to November 1946
- Any and all photos of Tiger Moths in production in Australia from January 1941 to May 1941
- Any and all photos of Tiger Moths at Parafield from May 1941 to June 1944
- Any and all photos of Tiger Moths at Tamworth from June 1944 to October 1946
- Any and all photos of Victorian & Interstate Airways facility during WWII
- Any records of Victorian & Interstate Airways during WWII
- T5459 E88 card (photo or good scan)
- N9257 E88 card (photo or good scan)
- Any records or photos of Tiger Moths in storage owned by the Associated Aero
- Clubs from October 1946 to December 1949
- Any records or photos of Tiger Moths shipped to India during 1949-1950
- Any records or photos of Tiger Moths operated by India from 1950-1955
- Any records or photos of Tiger Moths owned and operated by the Air Technical Training Institute at Dum Dum airport (now Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose Int’l Airport), Calcutta (now Kolkata), from 1955 to 2001
- Any records or photos of the fate of N9257 VT-CUP in India
- Australian-specific Schedule of Spare Parts for Tiger Moths
- Any Australian-specific Parts Drawings
- All de Havilland Tiger Moth drawings
If you see anything on the Wish List above that you may be able to help with, even just to point me in a promising direction, please do drop me a line!