Monthly Archives: June 2016

Finally!

It’s been a long time since my last update, not a lot of interest has been happening on the project.  Mainly I’ve been clearing up space in the apartment and trying to set up a work area.  I’ve also built up a huge collection of tools and hardware, much of it from the Free section of Craigslist, and so a lot of that has needed to be cleaned and reconditioned before use.  It’s all good work and has kept me busy but… on Sunday I hit a major milestone which I have to share.

I have Tiger Moth parts now!

Tiger Moth Parts - Batch 1-1

Tiger Moth Parts - Batch 1-2

Tiger Moth Parts - Batch 1-3

These are the loose parts which were scattered around Cham’s hangar, mostly spares that either came with the Moth from India or were sourced/purchased for the restoration.  There are also some Chipmunk parts mixed in, once I’ve cleaned and identified those I will use them for bartering.  None of the instruments are likely to be used, so if you see something you like, let me know.

It’s so wonderful to have the smell of old airplane parts permeating my apartment (*ahem* “hangar”)… I can’t wait to start cleaning these up, identifying and inspecting them, tagging them for re-use, use as templates, or barter.  This feels like the first concrete step… after 3 months of non-stop work and over $6,000.  I am a very happy airplane owner 🙂